My personal experience is I have had a flu shot for a number of years (8-10)
and have had no ill effects while taking sinemet, parlodel, and elavil.  Now
I'm
taking mirapex instead of parlodel and have added Tasmar........hmmm...I think
I'll ask my MDS what he thinks before getting this years shot(s).

Barbara Blake-Krebs 57/1984
Merriam  KS

<<Karen, and other List-family....

Last week my internist suggested I get the pneumonia vaccine
and also the flu vaccine, citing my ... uhhhh.... "advanced"
age (55 years old) <"advanced"  PHOOEY!) <grin> and the
fact that the winter of '97-'98 saw more of individuals over 50
years old hospitalized with flu-caused pneumonia then ANY
previous year in which Kaiser Permanente (my HMO, and the
largest, oldest HMO-system  in the USA) kept such records.

My MD also mentioned that in this past winter's flu season
there were more deaths attributed to pneumonia amongst those
over-fifty year olds who were hospitalized because of pneumonia.

I must admit I  hesitated and told the MD I'd like to wait till I found
out if there were any known negative Parkinson's interactions
caused by either vaccine before giving him the go-ahead to give
me the vaccines.

Any comments based upon fact would be welcome, 'cause I
recognize I've gotta make up my mind whether to have one or both of the
vaccines within the next coupla-three weeks.

Thanks a lot....

Barb Mallut