hi all;

camilla wrote recently, in part:
>...From now on, Janet Paterson <[log in to unmask]>
>will be the person who will answer your questions
>about "how to get /get off of digest", "leave the list",
>"get off temporarily for a vacation", etc, etc, etc.
>So: You may address your problems/questions to Janet from now on -
>or if you write to the list, she will answer them off-list, as I've done,
>and no one else will need to bother responding.  Janet will also post an
>occasional reminder that questions are answered off-list, and that
>commands must go to the listserv, not to her or to the list...

i am hereby reminding everyone
that any subscription questions you may have
can be sent to me privately
and that any subscription questions posted publicly to this list
will be answered by me privately

i am also hereby posting [one time offer only]
my latest updated set of list instructions for your records
and am also hereby announcing
that i will be asking jerry finch to add them
to my web-pages on the PWP web-ring
[have You joined the PWP web-ring yet?]
so that they will be readily accessible to those with wwweb capability

janet

start receiving messages as they are posted to the PDIEN.

E-mail all 'instruction' messages to the listserv computer at:

must include the name of the mailing list too.

(The listserv name for the PDIEN is PARKINSN - there is no "O")

To request a descriptive list of the 'commands' that the listserv
recognises, simply send the following 'instruction' message:
HELP

To find out what your subscription settings currently are:
QUERY PARKINSN

To change your subscription setting to receive the digest format:
SET PARKINSN DIGEST

To stop the incoming mail temporarily *** [for vacations, etc]:
SET PARKINSN NOMAIL

To resume incoming mail:
SET PARKINSN MAIL

***
this means that you 'miss out' on the mail during your vacation
but if you want to 'catch up' on what you've missed you can
always request old messages from the listserv computer.

How to Post a Public Message to the
Parkinson's Disease Information Exchange Network (PDIEN):

After you have subscribed to the PDIEN, to post a 'public'
message for all the other subscribers to read, type your message
in the 'body' area and fill in the 'subject line' with a brief
description of your topic.

E-mail all 'public' messages to the listserv computer at:

janet paterson - 51/10 - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/