Hello Joel--welcome to the list, and it's sad to hear of your mother's
condition.
Some questions come to mind--things you may know,or may want to ask her
neuro about---was she delusional before the Mirapex and Tasmar? What was
she taking before she started them?  Even Sinemet can cause hallucinations,
and the Tasmar and Mirapex are also guilty of that for some PWPs.
Sometimes adjusting the meds helps--but also folks have found Clozaril or
Zyprexa, 2 anti-psychotic drugs, to be helpful . Clozaril, at least, is
taken in much smaller doses for PD than for schizophrenia, though.  I
wonder whether at her age, with mental problems, and "type B" she would
even be eligible for pallidotomy etc. Peter was not considered a candidate
for any of the surgeries becaause he has almost no tremor, is 80, and has
cognitive problems. Lots of folks on the list have experience with pall.
etc, and can be a good resource, but of course "the
neuro" is the final authority...
May I suggest you consoder joining the CARE  list, a sublist for caregivers
(CGs) of People With Parkinsons (PWPs) ?  Here's how--for you and other
new-listmenber-CGs:

>A caregiver may join the sublist called CARE (Caregivers Are Really
>Essential) which has about 300 members, and much less traffic than main
>list. It is a
>safe place to share info, support, and feelings with other CGs.
> To do so, send to:

>only this command:  subscribe CARE  (your first and last names)
>
>You will be added and will receive further info.
>
>Questions? ask me or co-owner Jeff Jones <[log in to unmask]>
>

>Hi,
>
>I've just joined the list. My mother, 81, has had Parkinson's type B for
>about 15 years, and has spent the last decade on Sinemet. At the moment, she
>is in hospital for the second time in two months--delusions and falling down
>stairs. Now she is delusional and has a cracked sternum.
>
>She's also taking Tasmar. She tried Mirapex, and Mirapex together with
>Tasmar, but was taken off Mirapex after her first hospitalization.
>
>So, things are getting messy. We have sold her house--the closing is early
>November, and her retirement apt. is waiting for her--if she still
>physically qualifies. I'm hanging by the telephone, waiting for a call from
>her neurologist.
>
>I'm anxious to read the posts here, for support, information, the
>possibility of a pallidotomy for her.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Joel Sturm

        Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter  80/9