At 01:46 PM 10/3/98 , Joao wrote:

> For those that wish to know more about ours neurons problems :
>
> http://www.tau.ac.il/~yosiba/noxide.html
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho |------ +
> +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+
>

> Nitric oxide (NO) is a potent endogenous substance. it relaxes blood
vessels,
> the lungs, the gut, and the genitourinary tract.

-snip-

In the peripheral nervous system, NO functions as a transmitter. It is
found in
nerves of the gastrointestinal (GI) and urogenital systems -- the so-called
nitrogenic neurons -- where it is involved in GI peristalsis and penile
erection.

-snip-

 As it is a physiologic mediator of penile erection, NO (as NG) has been used
for impotence. Application of NG to the penises of impo-tent men causes
erection (but headache in sexual partners).

I've occasionally wanted a good answer to the question, "Do you know what 'NO'
means?"  This may be a better answer than "Turned (upside-down) 'ON.'"

(Sorry, couldn't resist answering this)

Art

...and Marling, don't forget your N2O3.