At 11:18 AM 10/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello listmembers.  I hope someone has a response to this.  My Mother
>would like me to ask about upset
>stomach. She is taking Sinemet and Eldepryl and gets upset stomach
>which affects her appetite.  She has tried changing the timing of
>taking her medications to one hour before meal time, with meals,
>after meals...nothing seems to work.  She was diagnosed with

I've been on Sinemet CR for about 5 years and still get upset
stomach unless I take some food with it. Usually about 3 or 4
vanilla wafers works well.  I try to eat my meal 45 minutes to
one hour later.  If I wait more than one hour to eat, nausea
comes on quickly--sometimes can be fought off with antiacids.
It can be discouraging but is workable with a little experimenting.
Sinemet is necessary, so it is a matter of working out a method of
coping rather than waiting to develop a tolerance for it.

Good Luck to your mother.

Erv Birzer
64/5