Sent:   Saturday, October 03, 1998 1:27 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Feeling Good When Medication's Low?

My father takes Mirapex & Sinamet. Like many of you, he is struggling to
get the combination of medications, doseages, and times of doseages that
will best reduce his symptoms.

Recently the neuro has been increasing his Mirapex.  (Sorry, don't have
dose at hand).  He seems to tolerate the increase OK but we're not sure if
there's been much improvement either.

He has however noticed something interesting.  Some days, when he gets up
after a meal, before taking his next pills, he is in unexpectedly great
shape.  Moves with ease etc.  Says it feels wonderful.  Unfortunately it
doesn't last long and it doesn't happen all the time.

The strange thing is this happens about 4 hours after his medications.
...Sometimes on the way to get a glass of water for his next pills.

Is there anyone who can relate to this or has some insight?  I know my
father will look forward to the stack of your printed replies that I will
take over when I visit next.  Thankyou from both of us!

Helen
--

Helen