Dennis,
Just for the record, I wanted to say that I completely agree with your
viewpoint.  Perception is definitely the largest determining factor in one's
personal "reality" and there may be limits to how we can affect that, at
least while in this physical form.  Call me stubborn, however, (which I am),
but I still believe there's some creative magic that exists in our world,
and if God (or whomever) created my original set of brain cells, then he/she
can certainly do it again.  Whether he'll/she'll ever do it is an entirely
different story altogether tho'.

As I understand the PD research now, isn't the conclusion coming out of it
more likely that the brain cells have gone somehow dormant, rather than
actually dead?  I know there's a new drug, which is to go into human trials
next spring probably, which at the moment seems to be stimulating
either/both cell and cell interconnection regrowth in animals.  Because of
this, this treatment may represent more of an actual "cure" than others to
date.  This implies to me that the cells weren't completely dead to begin
with.  Somebody please clarify this if I'm wrong.  If I'm right tho',  to
heal myself of pd wouldn't require a creative miracle, but just a little
cell stimulation.

Just one more thing I recently heard, which I never had really thought of
before.   This probably only applies to those who are Christian (unless
other religions have similar stories, which is possible, however I'm just
repeating that which I heard.).  In the story of Lazarus being raised from
the dead by Jesus, then if one believes in this story as being literally
true, then God, in order to effect this, would've had to basically recreate
every cell in his body (i.e., a creative miracle) as they were all dead, and
had been for a short time.  I had never really looked at that story from
that perspective before, but if one believes the story, then one has to
wonder.  Creating a few new brain cells outta be a piece of cake in
comparison!

In closing, never conclude that I absolutely believe in everything which I
bring up here.  I just feel it's as important (at least to me) to explore
all of the existential/philosophical/spiritual aspects to pd as it is the
more mundane, technical ones.  I mean, if I'm gonna be forced at various
times to sit around stiff and slow to move while I wait for this stupid
medicine to kick in (or not), I've got to preoccupy my mind with something
or I'd go crazy.  (That's still likely too).

Wendy