Martha Rohrer wrote:

> It is helpful to have an idea of a person's general age and years of
> coping. Not only are we different in our symptoms and reactions to
> medications, but those of us who are younger, and still working and
> raising children, have quite different problems than do those of us
> who are older, retired and empty of nest.

Those two numbers do say a lot.  There are many additional items of
information that could be given concisely or perhaps not so concisely
-- such as severity of illness; types and doses of medication;
whether one is working, if so, occupation; whether on disability;
areas of special interest or concern -- these would be informative,
but they are volunteered in contexts that require them, and I'm not
sure what would be the need to repeat any of them with each message.

As for me, I like to know where people are located, as opposed to
just being in cyberspace, so I include my city, but that's just my
own quirk.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
60/9