At 08:46 PM 10/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>-------------------------------------
>>
>>I've been on Sinemet CR for about 5 years and still get upset
>>stomach unless I take some food with it. Usually about 3 or 4
>>vanilla wafers works well.  I try to eat my meal 45 minutes to
>>one hour later.  If I wait more than one hour to eat, nausea
>>comes on quickly--sometimes can be fought off with antiacids.
>>It can be discouraging but is workable with a little experimenting.
>>Sinemet is necessary, so it is a matter of working out a method of
>>coping rather than waiting to develop a tolerance for it.
>>
>>Good Luck to your mother.
>>
>>Erv Birzer
>>64/5
>>Hi  Erv,
>        I've noticed how much better my husband does when he is on  Sinemet
>CR first thing in the morning. I was wondering if you combine it with
>regular sinamet latter in the day? Thanks, ``maria

Maria,

I take only Sinemet CR 50/200 at 4 hour intervals.  However I do
"customize" them with a knife and cutting board.  I start off with
3/4 of a pill first thing in the morning and then take 1/2 pill
the remainder of the intervals for a total of 4 doses per day.
I also take 100 mg of Tasmar at 6 hour intervals 3 times a day.
It has allowed me to reduce my Sinemet from four full pills per day.

Erv