Hi, Ken,

Kaiser is indeed an HMO, in fact one of, if not THE, very first HMOs.  I
have heard from time to time that one of their strengths is their age,
i.e., they have had enough time in business to study results and realize
that it is best to nip problems in the bud.  Obviously, this doesn't mean
that they don't miss things from time to time, but they do appear to pay
more than lip service to the original concept of "Health MAINTENANCE
Organizations"

At 11:30 PM 10/2/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Ken Becker -
>                In defense of Kaiser (yes a   HMO), I've been with them
for 28 years and
>they have NEVER limited my care.  I have had some of the best Doctors and the
>best care.  Only wish my daughter could get them but she lives out of their
>territory.      helenjc

Carole L.  Cassidy, CFRE
Director of Developmenet and Community Relations
The Parkinson's Institute
1170 Morse Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA  94089
408-542-5628 direct line