I just received a phone call from my brother-in-law's sister-in-law,
Dawn.  Dawn has a friend, a 70-year old woman, who is showing some
symptoms of Parkinson's...muscle rigidity, slowness of movement, lack of
facial expression, soft voice.  (Dawn is a nurse but hasn't worked for a
number of years.)  The 70-year old went to her family doctor who told her
it probably wasn't Parkinson's because there was little or no tremor AND
that it didn't matter anyway because the woman is TOO OLD to be treated
for pd!  So, Dawn phoned to find out if this were true.  I said NO.  Have
you ever heard anything so foolish?

So, after getting a new family doctor, she needs to know the name of a
good neurologist with experience with pd.  The woman lives in Sherbrooke,
Quebec but is willing & able to travel as far as Montreal.  Language
isn't a problem... any suggestions?

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing