I had a question, as there's been recent discussion regarding energy levels
and symptoms.  Before I pose that, however, that I think for me, altho' the
results are by no means conclusive, it does seem that my symptoms vary
signifcantly with my energy levels.  Sometimes, when I'm tired or hungry,
taking another Sinemet won't necessarily help my symptoms at all (but it
often makes me dyskenetic a while later), but sometimes just simply taking a
nap or eating a meal makes all the difference.  Does anyone else experience
this?

Now to my real question.  Supposedly those with Pd are low in ATP (I forget
the whole name but  it's a substance that your body also uses to give your
muscles extra energy, particularly when they're being exerted (e.g.,
exercise)).  That helps to explain for a pwp's lack of stamina when playing
sports, etc.  Anyway, some of the health food stores (GNC) carry drink mixes
which contain ATP.  I've tried them once or twice before a soccer game, but
didn't notice much.  That could be due to other factors as well, like the
fact that maybe, like many other natural products, the effects might show
more gradually.  I do know that it says it's supposed to be taken in concert
with some protein, for full effect, hence I also drank a protein drink along
with it.  I know the protein, for me at least, is not a problem, in fact,
eating a burger or whatever, sometimes can improve my symptoms rather
quickly (altho' it may interfere with sinemet absorption for pwp's,
typically in a body, it provides more long-lasting energy than do sugars and
carbos).   I am thinking of buying a bigger container and going thru the
whole thing, on a more regular basis, and seeing whether that helps any.
Has anyone else given it a try at all?  I found a brief article on it, and
so far it is generally believed to be harmless for the most part.  Of
course, like with anything, one shouldn't go overboard, however, I just
thought I'd see whether anyone else has explored this avenue.  I know my
symptoms generally are energy-level dependent, so I may conduct my own
experiment with this stuff and see what happens.  (I've got alot of ideas
for experimentation actually, but can't do 'em all at once).

Wendy T.