Ron,

I enjoyed reading your observations and ruminations.  I tend to agree
completely with them.

One of the ideas you brought up, about the capabilities and potential of the
human mind, reminded me of something, which I'm sure most everyone here has
heard of before, but it's worth repeating.  I forget what the actual
percentage is, but we, as humans, use something like less than 20-30% of the
true capacity of our brains.  That leaves alot left to explore and hopefully
learn to incorporate into our lives.  The possibilities are endless,
considering all that we've done with that 20% so far (some good, some not so
good, but...)

Another thing I just thought I'd mention.  I've also read before that during
the course of a year, just due to natural cell death and generation, we
actually end up with a completely new body, at least once over, in that time
period.  Just as our skin flakes off, etc., and we are constantly losing
skin cells, we are at the same time, in our bodies, making new skin cells.
Obviously, we have to or we'd be skinless before long.  And also, obviously,
this process is gradual and doesn't occur all at once.  Same goes for our
hair, blood, organs, etc.  Cells are constantly dying and being replaced.
So the body I have now is not exactly the same body I had last year.
Somewhere in this cycle of cell death and birth, is an unseen intelligence
which drives the whole process.  We can tap into this intelligence, because
of it of ourselves, and of the universe around us.  If we can tap into this
then, then perhaps we can also consciously affect the new cells which are
created.  Maybe it won't happen overnight for most of us that we'll receive
a healing from PD, but I think if we meditated every day on this process, to
simply be aware of its existence, and every now and then just threw our two
cents in (i.e., telling the new cells to come back free of PD), who knows
what could happen.  In one sense tho' this process is limited to an extent
by our DNA.  However, if environmental factors and other things can  also
change our DNA, then why can't our minds also have some control in that
arena?

Wendy Tebay