Hello all: There was a time-not so very long ago; when the thought of
being awake, with my head in a halo bolted to a floor while someone cut
holes in my skull & went "fishing" around in my brain was like "Star
Wars" to me...I'm talking completely alien to my sense of reality! I
have a friend here in town who is a double lung transplant survivor &
she told me this about 6 months after her death-
defying surgery: Little by little, as your condition worsens, your mind
slowly wraps itself around the idea of impossibility (like an oyster
with a grain of sand) & genteelly but relentlessly works and shapes that
idea until, like a pearl-the unthinkable becomes inevitable. HA, thinks
I, Never! But, sure enough, as it got  to the  point where anything was
preferable to living the life that my disease had reduced me to, I began
to seriously consider pallidotomy as an option-twice! I pray that if my
situation were to ever become as desperate again, that I would have the
courage of Jim Finn and do what it takes to help myself. I am thankful
for pigs that have cells to donate. Because of my religion & my personal
convictions,
I would not consider human fetal tissue as an option. So praise the Lord
& pass the porkchops! Lots of love,

Joan Snyder  (47/10/8) <[log in to unmask]>   Peoria,IL
"Do or do not. There is no try."  Yoda
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/snyder/page1.htm