Please excuse the length of this post. I doubt it will do much to influence
Wendy's views so in the interest of peace I have no intention of posting
further on this thread.

Wendy,

Thank you for your long and detailed response to the questions I raised.
The generalised nature of the response made it difficult to pick out
specific
answers to my questions but I was left in no doubt as to the strength and
sincerity with which you hold your views.   I admire such tenacity.

With regard to the matters raised in your response I make the following
comments:

1.    I, and I suspect must people on this list, already hold the belief
that what a person thinks about their situation can profoundly affect how
they will respond to treatment.  Few would argue against a positive attitude
being an invaluable aid to dealing with any disease.   That is not the
issue.  The issue is -  can attitude, or belief, cure (by which, in this
instance, I too mean "the disease is completely gone") a disease for which
there is otherwise no medical cure (by which I mean, in this instance,
eradicate the symptoms of the disease) at the present time.  As  curing
(disease completely gone) PD requires the restoration of the substantia
nigra this cannot be discussed without dealing with the issue of whether or
not faith healing can restore missing body parts (e.g. an amputated leg).

2.    In similar vein I think you will find that most of us are familiar
with the concept of emotional, spiritual and psychological healing.  Many of
us, myself included, already incorporate its principles into our PD
protocol.

3.    I respectfully suggest that your examples of people changing reality
are in fact examples of individuals changing their perception of reality.
This is, of itself, a powerful force in the life of the individual but is
not the same thing at all as changing physical reality.  If I can indulge in
an example of my own:

Two individuals of equal physical ability have to climb a mountain.  "A"
believes the mountain is unclimbable; "B" believes he can make it to the
top.  These attitudes are "real" to each individual, and are in their
control.  The mountain (probably) has no opinion in the matter, and is
beyond their control as individuals.

- If the climb is easy, and reality in no way challenges either "A's"  or
"B's" perception of it, both will probably make it to the top.

- If the climb is difficult but achievable, though not obviously so, the
attitude of the climbers will become a factor.   In this instance "B" is
likely to complete the climb and "A" is likely to fail. If however someone
(human or supernatural)can change "A's" subjective reality (his perception
of his ability to make the climb) to the more positive one, the likelihood
of "A" reaching the top increases.  But, whatever their attitude (subjective
reality) both climbers will be dealing with the same mountain (objective
reality). It is my belief that apparent miracle cures and faith healings
fall into this category. It is also my belief that any intervention by a
"superior being" or "force" takes place at this level and is directed at the
climbers not the mountain.

- If the climb is beyond the ability of any climber until such time as new
climbing equipment is invented, or the mountain is reshaped by human
technology, then nothing they can do or believe will get them to the summit
until that breakthrough is achieved.  In this instance it is likely that the
climber with the greater ability to adjust his subjective reality will deal
with the knowledge best.  Again it is my belief that there is no
intervention at this level  by a superior force.  (If there were we would
have the evidence of all those missing body parts growing back).  It is my
hope and prayer that the power which drives the universe, by whatever name
we chose to call it, is working on the subjective reality of all those whose
task it is to invent the new equipment.   May they  truly believe they are
going to succeed.

4.    I am not qualified to discuss Quantum Theory (remember me - I'm the
guy who had trouble with averages), but what little I do know does not in
any way suggest that we have as yet gained any control of its effects.  And
whilst I agree it calls into question every natural law we thought we knew,
I know of no-one who is living their life as though the law of gravity, for
example, had been abolished.  No-one I know of would chose to fly by
stepping off a tall building in preference to buying a seat on QANTAS.
Stephan Hawking knows a lot more about Quantum Mechanics than I do and is
still using his wheelchair.  However he seems, as much as I can judge, to
have a strong, positive view of life. Which I see as yet one more bit of
evidence that for all practical purposes objective reality is what it has
always been and the ability to use subjective reality to rise above it is
still one of the wonders of being human.

Dennis.