>when I asked about exercise
>or physical therapy I have gotten a smile (which I take to be
>patronizing) and the remark that exercise is a good thing.

No one mentioned exercise to my husband when he was diagnosed, until I called
the APDA.  Cathi Thomas, RN, said "Exercise is *at least* as important as
medication."  She was so emphatic about it, we really went to town, and I
believe the exercise has done him a lot of good.  Cathi sent a PD exercise
book, which he uses; he went to both Physical Therapy and Occupational
Therapy; he started Tai Chi; he walks about 2.5 miles nearly every morning.  I
am convinced his improvement is due in large part to all the exericse.  I'm
glad people are raising this issue.  Delda White CG Bob 66/2