Bond, MO my senator, in Washington DC again.  In June, I had talked w/Joe
Pierly(sp?) of Bond's office when he called me in response to being faxed a
letter from me re:Udall bill that I'd hand delivered to a Bond staffer of
the KC, MO office who was at a Republican Women's Mtg in Trenton, MO.  I
talked with Joe again Thursday 10/1/98 reminding him that I was depending
on Bond an original supporter of Udall to keep fighting to have NIH funding
be earmarked for Parkinson's research.

Joe said Sen Cochran of Mississippi the original supporter of Udall was
composing, writing and was to send to Bond and other supporters of Udall a
letter expressing the reason the NIH language must include language to show
support for Parkinson's research.  He said he'd talked w/Bond, whose
grandmother has Parkinson's, and Bond was planning on signing Cochran's
letter when rec'd and that letter is to go to the committee working on the
Labor-HHS bills.

Joe asked why I was calling again when I knew of Bond's support.  I
explained that PAN had alerted the Parkinson's list that calls to our
congressmen were needed to remind them we are still here and relying on
them to do as promised.  I mentioned Michael Claeys name and Joe said he'd
call Claey and tell him what Bond and other supporters are doing, ie, the
letter from Sen Cochran of Mississippi.  Joe nor I never mentioned exact $$
amounts of funding.

Did Bond's office call Michael Claeys?