Hi Listfriends,

I wake up each morning with pain in the back and as stiff a board. I asked
my neurologist and my physiotherapist (both in Holland) after it and both
had the same explanation. I sleep most of  the time on my back and  because
of the rigidity the spinal fluid shifts to one side. This causes a lack of
lubrication which causes pain and stiffness in the lower part of the back.
When you get up it should disappear in about 30 -60 minutes. When my wife
wakes up (probably because I'm snoring) she turns me to my side and I don't
have that back-pain/stiffness in the morning.

Kees Paap