Insurance companies can always raise their premiums, to cover any shortfall of
cash, if the investments they make don't produce enough income.  I would
rather have them pay $30.000 for major surgery, than $30 for a 3 cent band
aid!  AND what about those cheap plastic ware kits they give you in the
hospital with maybe $2.00 worth of items?  I wonder how much they charge the
insurance company for that?  Bill H. was saying they could do drive through
surgery?  Don't give them any ideas!  They already want to push you out prior
to 24 hours, for many surgeries.  If you see a patient walking down the street
with the IV bag and tubing still attached to his arm, so insurance doesn't
have to pay for another day, try not to laugh