The NIH decides where and when the money goes, that is the problem, and why we
so vigorously oppose their choices.  One more time, not that we want to take
money from other diseases, just give us our fair share.  I was at a meeting
given by our county entitled "Seniors Count", and I got into a discussion with
an AARP rep.  I told him, I didn't think AARP did enough for PD, publicity in
their magazine, lobbying, etc.  He very politely told me there were too many
diseases and how could I focus on only one.  Anyone who knows me, knows that
was the wrong thing to say!!!
To make a long story short, I give him the figures, and he changed his mind.
Not that it did any good, but I felt better.  Maybe it did educate one more
person. Sometimes I think one person at a time, but time is too short for most
PWP's.
Gerry