Helen,
I reread my post after sending it...and realized that my opening statement
could have lead to confusion...blame it on 4 am writing!.....The story Nancy
credited to M. Forbes re: Harvard rejection is not a true story.

The story that I posted re: Leland Stanford Jr.'s death in Italy at age 15 is
correct........check the Stanford University web page re: history.  I was
employed by the Development Office (Stanford fund raising) for five years and
we recited the history of Stanford's founding many times during the Centennial
Campaign in the late 1980's.
Rita Weeks 54/9