Dear Hilary, Ida, Ivan, et al,

        Hilary, your early experience with amantadine somewhat parallels mine as it
was one of the early ones tried on me--not only didn't seem to work but seemed
to make it worse, I thought.
        :Last December I was in the first human  trials for Remacemide which is
considered a glutamate antagonist which will block the glutamate effect and
thereby enhance the levodopa effect.  I've heard it referred to as potentially
equivalent to a "non-surgical pallidotemy."   Our assessment of its effect on
me was quite positive, and I was sorry when the study was over.  My MDS at the
time  and since has recommended that I try Amantadine (my earlier experience
with it was prior to my becoming a patient at KUMC). because it is the closest
drug now available on the market to Remacemide.  Just in the past month, I
have thought maybe I should give Amantadine (aka Symmetrel) another try.
        Now with the recent postings by you, Ida, in explaining the properties of
amantadine;  and what your short-term recent experience has been, Hilary, I am
really re-considering giving it a  retry.  I sure hope it continues to help
you, Hilary.

Barbara Blake-Krebs 58/14
Merriam  KS