===============

> William Heitman wrote:
>
> > Also, do you really rake Sinemet around the clock? Everything I know says
> that
> > is excessive.  You will probably do better with overnight abstinence.
> > Therefore
> >
> > 3.  Get through the night without taking Sinemet.

> ====================
>
> Because that is basically what I do.  I don't sleep for longer than two
> to three hours at a stretch, and I take sinemet whenever I'm awake. So
> probably during the day I'm taking every hour and a half, and at night
> maybe every three hours.  No one has ever said anything against that, so
> I'm very interested in what you have to say. Please dont think I'm
> querying your knowledge - actually I'm asking your advice!
>
> Hilary Blue

I would like to register my advice re: night-time sinemet dosage. Broadly
speaking, nighttime consumption  of Sinemet should be at a lower rate than
daytime, because hopefully you will be spending some hours at least, in an
unconscious state. About 2 years ago I found that my practice of having no
Sinemet during the night was starting to result in me waking after about 3
hours, and taking a long time to get back to sleep. I tried taking just
one controlled release capsule (A 100/25 dose made by Madopar ), just
before I settled down to sleep.  I know that Madopar is unavailable in the
USA,  but I believe that you can now get a 'half-sized ' dose (i.e. 100 mg
of levadopa ) in a Sinemet CR configuration ? Could anyone confirm that?,

The rate of consumption of levodopa may be a little slower when we are
asleep, but whether or not this  is true, I find that I get an adequate 6
to 7 hours of undisturbed sleep with this method.  The important thing to
remember is that this represents slightly less than half my consumption of
levodopa during the daytime.

Why not give it a try, and sweet dreams!
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>