feels like little
>pieces of her skin tissues are just hanging in her throat and mouth.  Also,
>she says it is affecting the taste of her food.

Charlotte, the subject might be "clearing the throat" rather than excess
saliva.

i have the problem of particles of food or pills or ? exudations from what
used to be tonsils and adenoids - stopping in the throat.  this may be in
the vicinity of the brnochial flap that closes when i swallow. it may be
hanging up on sticky ? or dry areas?

whatever, i tend to clear my throat to get it loose and spit or swallow.
the pills give me this trouble more often than it used to occur.  but, i am
less anxious about it.  i continue to wonder whether there is benefit in
swallowing all these "lumps" in that there may be some benefit to what comes
oozing out of what might remain of my tonsils and adenoids that were cut out
when i was about 5 years old.

sometimes, the concern about choking or having aspiration of the stuff into
my lungs leads to anxiety. this only makes it more difficult.  the loss of
neural feedback and muscle control in the automatic reflex of clearing the
throat and swallowing is not equal for all of us.  sipping a thick drink can
sometimes help get it washed down. hope this helps, ron

Ronald Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline
[log in to unmask]     Ridgecrest, California
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter