Mike,

Yep, to be perfectly honest, until just recently, I had not heard of any pd
healings, miraculous or otherwise.  The one that Katie Tollifson recently
reposted is the only one I've ever heard of which seems to possibly qualify
as a complete healing.  I had maybe about five responses to my recent
request for healing stories, that I could accumulate in a database of sorts,
so I probably won't pursue that all the way at the moment (maybe in 6 months
to a year, I'll try again).  I figured if we could actually find some other
similar stories, then it would be worth following up on them, getting more
information, and trying  to do some real analysis on whether they were truly
healings, how they occurred,  it they still in effect, etc.  Of  the five or
so responses I got, one included Kathie's story and one was chalked up to an
original misdiagnosis (whether that's true or not, I guess no one knows till
the person's deceased - and I suppose, were they truly healed/cured, could
we even tell anyway post-mortem, if the healing also wiped out any and all
previous signs of pd?).  I think the others qualified more as individuals
who've had pd for a long time and have experiencend relatively slow
progression (not that that's not worth following up on, but it's not a
cure).

Considering the generally negatiive reaction Kathie received when she posted
that healing story, people with other similar stories might not want to post
theirs.  That's part of the reason I decided to suggest my survey, and have
people resond to me directly first.   I wouldn't be surprised that some
other stories are in existence somewhere, but these people were either
written off as not having pd to start and/or they, having already being
healed of pd (or whatever they had), would have no reason to seek out this
forum because of that.  i forget what the percentage of those who are
misdiagnosed with pd is, but there could be a number of us who think we have
it, and who don't.  Personally,  I'd be just as happy whatever I was cured
of at this point, pd or something else, cuz in my mind they all suck
equally.

It's kinda funny, and altho' I know some of you don't want to hear Biblical
references (I'd use another if I knew of one specifically), however, there's
one story of Jesus' healing a blind man which I kinda find relevant to all
this.  After the man was healed of his blindness, those who were trying to
trap Jesus (and who also didn't believe that the healing had really
happened), questioned the man up and down, questioned all of the witnesses,
etc.  They really grilled him, at first questioning the healing, and then
whether he had really ever been blind in the first place.  Then, they
supposedly even went back to his hometown and also grilled his parents as to
whether he had truly been blind to start.  Upon getting a positive response,
they then questioned if this guy was who he said he was, and so on and so
on.  They both wanted to discredit and entrap Jesus, but probably just as
much, they didn't even believe it had happened.  They said something about
there having been no one, in the history of mankind, ever having been healed
of blindness, who had been blind since birth.

I brought up this story cuz just like blindness, up until this point, no one
(supposedly) has ever been healed of PD.   Even if someone were today healed
of pd, then I would bet, rather than exploring the possibility, most people
would begin (based on the responses to Kathie's posting), like these guys
did, by questioning whether the person really had it in the first place
(altho' that is a valid question with pd as it's not easily diagnosed).  I
bet they would also try to discredit the form of their healing (whether by
herbal medicine, spiritual healing, or whatever), and so on.  It cracks me
up that in this Biblical story, they even questioned the man's identity,
saying that it must be someone else who looks like the other guy, who must
still be blind wandering around somewhere.  Ha!  Where can I find a sucker
to pose for me as if they had been cured of my pd?  Not!  No one in the
history of mankind (except for Kathie's story so far as we know) has ever
been healed of pd, but it's about time someone break thru the barrier and
show others how.  I truly think if one of us could accomplish this, others
would follow, once they believed it to be possible.

I just went to see the new Robin Williams movie, What Dreams May Come
(something like that).  WIthout giving the story away, I'll just say that it
seems like that even in heaven, there are still limits placed on individuals
regarding what can and can't be done, and likewise, there are still those
who dare to break all the rules by doing the impossible.

I don't know who here is familiar with Carlos Casteneda, but while exploring
early American native cultures while an anthropology student, he began a
personal exploration of shamanism, under some guy named Don Juan.   He
describes, in his books, "traveling" in his mind, to other worlds, that
according to him, are as real (or more so) than ours.  These worlds had
their own dangers and pitfalls, but were also places full of beauty and
power.  According to him, as well as some other yogis I've read of, we need
to be more aware, and more careful, about our thoughts, cuz not only do our
they affect our perception of reality, but can literally change it for
better or worse.  Things like shape changing are not just ideas, but really
done.  One yogi I was reading cautioned about some of the visualization
techniques, like picturing oneself connected to the center of the earth,
because these mental pictures one creates are literal, and one can release
forces for which one is not prepared, as well as those originally desired.
One can obviously take literalism to the extreme and the absurd, but I still
believe we all have much more real power over our current situation,
including pd, than we might think.

Wendy Tebay