On Mon 12 Oct, Marty Rose wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if Permax causes increased dyskinesia like Mirapex does?
> I never got to a very high dosage of Permax and I am now at nearly 4 mg per day of Mir
> apex and it is giving me fits.   My dyskinesia is really getting bad.  Any thoughts wo
> uld be appreciated.
>
> Marty Rose 58/10

Hello Marty, Are you still taking any Sinemet? If the answer is Yes,
then cut down on the Sinemet. If the manufacturers are to be believed,
neither  Permax or Mirapex cause dyskinesia. I can vouch for the
Permax, but I have not tried Mirapex myself. I am prepared to believe
the claims however, because ALL of the recent crop of Dopamine Agonists
seem to work. That is; they all provide more operating margin, without
provoking dyskinesias. The differences between the various agonists
come to the fore when we start looking at side-effects. each make of
tablet is different in its side-effects, and each PWP reacts differently
to the agonists. Side effects are not your problem however. If you are
taking Sinemet, the remedy is obvious; take less. If you are not taking
Sinemet, then as they say 'Houston- we have a problem!
Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>