hi sue

you wrote:
>Apparently my Dad has taken a turn for the worse
>mentally.  I'll be seeing him this weekend, my Mom
>still hasn't called the neuro because she seems to
>think it's just par for the course.  What do you all think?

has this been a sudden or gradual change?
why does your mom think it's 'par for the course'?
was this event unusual enough for her to mention it to you?

>When they drove to Maine from N.J. he freaked out about
>half way there, started grabbing the wheel, tried to get out
>of the car, was opening the window and flailing his arms at
>other cars yelling HELP.  He thought that he was being
>kidnapped. Since then (it's been about 3 weeks)  he still
>does not know who my Mom is, however he knows other
>relatives when they come to visit..my Mom will ask him
>"where's your wife?" and he just says he doesn't know. He
>says he knows who I am, which I will see when I get there.

i'm not sure of the correct terminology
but whether this is delusional or paranoid or hallucinatory behaviour
it's quite possible that it's what has been called
'drug-induced psychosis'
it can be the result of overmedication with sinemet
or simply sensitivity to sinemet or other pd drugs

>I think I will have to call his neuro myself...personally
>I think it might be the sinemet, which he has been on for a
>good 15 years....

what is rocky's age?

>I appreciate any opinions, or experiences you all may have to offer.
>Thank-you,  Sue (daughter of Rocky)

i have posted several pubmed articles on this subject in the past
and will dig them up for you

janet