Hi,

My mother 81, 10 years on Sinemet, is also experiencing hallucinations and
some delusions. Apparently, she is at the point of Sinemet at the maximum
dosage for movement control--and this point also causes mental problems to
develop. She was also taking Tasmar, which also, apparently, can contribute
to the causation of hallucinations.

The hallucinations are quite involved--hurricanes, visits by dead relatives,
her grandchildren and I, her son, doing bizarre things in her home when, in
fact, we are 600 miles away. She is in hospital recovering from a stairs
fall, and she is deluded about the hospital stealing $2,000 from her purse.
I checked her bank withdrawals, and no such withdrawal has taken place.

What I am most concerned with, however, is this: her neurologist is
unreachable. I have called and faxed and I cannot connect with him. He
limits his "telephoning" to specific times during the week, and has not
called when promised.

Should I expect less care for her because of her age?

Joel Sturm