Ralph,

Yes, I've had similar troubles for years.  I sit up in bed and read
or do crossword puzzles until the digesting processes continue down,
then I can usually eliminate if I have taken a stool softener or
propulsid the evening before.  This problem is caused by the lack of
muscular control that affects the peristaltic movements of the
intestines of PWP and causes this slowing down of digestion.  Also,
I have noticed a definite kink in the lower intestines near my left
hip bone.  Massage of the area and an erect position help relieve it.

Bev (74/50+)