In a message dated 10/16/98 1:07:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> You get a different perspective when you're a PWP.  I was diagnosed last
>  year at age 44.  I've seen it reported that 10-15% of PD cases are
>  diagnosed before age 50.  You don't hear much about us though.
>
>  Thanks for the posting.  I agree with you 100%.
>
>  Keith Chancey 45/13 months
>  Memphis, TN  =

FYI Young-Onset People With Parkinsons:

The American Parkinson Disease Association has a national information and
referral center dedicated to the young(er) PWP.  You can receive the Young
Parkinson's Newsletter or any of the other educational and support materials
free of charge, including the Young Parkinson's Handbook.  Books and videos
are available on loan.  Referrals are offered to support groups, physicians
and other services.

You can reach the Young Parkinson's Information & Referral Center toll-free at
1/800-223-9776 or email APDA [log in to unmask]