Dear Listmembers,
About a month ago I sent to the list a poem.  I received a letter from
the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, New York, requesting permission to
reprint in their news letter which I gave.  I also received Email from
members appreciating the poem for which I thank you.
Now I believe the words would make a good rallying song for PD
sufferers.  There is nothing like music to stir the emotions and bring
home a message.
With the hope that on the list there is amongst you someone who could
put the words of the poem  to music, I am putting the poem again below.
Sometimes when putting words to music you may need to change a word or
two.  You have my permission to do so.

No rules by people made
Nor government decree,
Will stop our strong resolve,
From disease, we will be free.

We come from various backgrounds,
Rich and poor, and in between.
Some sufferers in the limelight,
Others rarely seen.

But we’re strongly linked together,
We share a common ground.
The hope and strong desire
That a cure will soon be found.

The government’s short of funds
Politicians often say,
We can’t afford the research,
Perhaps another day.

Of course money is available
For wars and projects in the sky,
While those of us disabled,
Can only wonder why?

But with strength we’ll forge together,
And will be heard as one,
Continue to fight and strive,
Till a cure for us is won.

Ronnie D. Wellington NZ. 67/5. [log in to unmask]