Altho' I am not gay, when I first heard of this incident, I was furious, in
a manner similar to the morning when I first read about the child bombing
victims in Northern Ireland.  I sat down that night to write a poem about
it, only to have to change it a few days later when he died.  The rewrite
ended up being completely different.  I'm including it here for those list
members who are gay, to know that they have my full support.  I have also
fowarded this poem to people like Pat Robertson, and I even called his
prayer line that night to both pray for Matthew's recovery, and plus to make
a point, by kinda using the religious right's own prayer line against
themselves, so to speak.

I believe murder and hate to be far more evil that a person's sexual
orientation, and if people have a beef with them, then they should take it
to the "Big Cheese", cuz he made us all the way we are, for better or worse.
As such, this poem could also apply to all of us:

******************
AS CREATED

Man is
As he was created