Dear Jack-from-Laramie,   I don't think there was any intention to label
Laramie as "a nest of homophobic vipers"---sorry if you were personally
offended. The sad fact is that homophobia, covert as well as acted out, is
endemic everywhere.  Just one more example of our human difficulty in
seeing others who are different in some
way--race,religion,appearance,sexual orientation,economic or educational
status--as less "human" than we are.  Sad but true---and something we  all
, including the good folks in Laramie, can work to change!

>Hold your horses.  Notghing can possibly excuse what happened or the vicious
>killers. But it appears that there could be some other details which may
>remove a little tarnish from the reputation of Laramie and the suggestion of
>some that Laramie is nothing more than a nest of homophobic vipers.  Not true.
>Jack Stanfield (Laramie, Wyoming) [log in to unmask]

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9+
Oxford, Ohio

           *    Ask  me about the  "CARE " list      *
           *    for caregivers of Parkinsonians     *