In a message dated 1998/10/16  23:35:13, you write:

>> London - A man has been able to control a computer by thought alone after
>> receiving an electronic implant that fused with his brain cells.
>
> This is wild! Sounds like a tabloid hoax to me! The supposed author,
> Dr. Roy Bakay of Emory U. is a respected scientist in the field of
> neurotransplants and pallidotomy, and has co-authored about 75
> published papers on various aspects of that field, but never any
> remotely connected with this. If it's really true, I'll be dipped
> in --- ---- >>

hi joe

i admit to taking second and third looks at the article
and even did a quick wwweb search on google for dr. roy bakay's name
maybe this archy-ologist will do some more and deeper digging

hey
maybe i'll even send the article to dr. bakay
beard the lion in his den in a manner of speaking
and get the answer from the horse's mouth as it were

the old rule flies high in the wwweb - caveat emptor

janet

janet paterson - 51/10 - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/