Barbara Rager,

" Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

How appropriate a choice of quote. It is of course the closing two lines of
Dylan Thomas' poem and it refers specifically to dying. In the opening
stanza the same two lines are interspersed with "Old age should burn and
rave at close of day".  All of which goes to the heart of my very real
concern.  We are not dying, some of us are quite young, and many of us of
all ages are very much alive.    It worries me to see people talking as if
their life was ending when in fact it has just been changed. It worries me
to see people stuck - yes I'll say it again, stuck - in the anger stage of
the grieving process for as long as Marling seems to have been. It worries
me most of all when anger is being portrayed as preferable to acceptance.
Of course we have to experience anger.   We also need to move past it if we
are to achieve emotional health.  If we get stuck in the anger stage we
don't need someone to validate it we need someone to bring this to our
attention so that we can get help.

I am sorry that you have chosen to interpret my attempt to do this for
Marling as something negative.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/onset 32 /dx 37

"It is better to be a crystal and be broken,
Than to be a perfect tile upon the housetop."

http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/