Hello everyone,

Harold Jones wrote that Maine is going to use the Dr. James Parkinson tulip
as part of its fundraising. Great choice and good luck.

Harold also kindly spoke about how we in Canada have been using the tulip
for awareness and fundraising. The Dr. James Parkinson Tulip is a very
attractive and quite distinctive tulip especially when planted in groups.

Here in Halifax we sold 3000 bulbs this fall, but our friends in
Newfoundland have always outshone us.  Below is an extract from an email
that Anne Rutherford sent me -- I'll let her tell everyone what can be done
with the Parkinson tulip!

        >Tulips are all gone  about 14,000 bulbs  on the avalon
        >[Peninsula/St. John's]and 5,000 to central and west will know exact
>number next week.  The experiment with the little bulbs did well in    >St
John's may be next  we will expand.

This in a province with just over 600 000 people!  Well done, again, St.
John's!

From a beautiful sunny and colourful fall day in Halifax (one of the few),
best to all, & TTFN

Peter
Peter Kidd
Learning Materials Consulting Services
62 Coronation Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3N 2M6 Canada
Tel/FAX: (902) 443-4262 Email: [log in to unmask]