Dennis, Barb M., Barb R., Helen Jc, and others,
I seem to have started an interesting thread.  And I hope it goes on
as I believe we need to talk about all sides of PD.

I guess part of what I am trying to say is that although I admire
people who can "accept" pd and live peacefully with it, I cannot.  I
do not want to, in my opinion, give in and let the pd rule. Yes, I am
angry. I am very angry. I also have worked through who/what I am
angry at/with. I am not angry with my father for where I live, nor
God for having allowed me to have pd, nor anyone or anything
specific.  I am angry that I should have pd and cd in my 40's and
be so far behind my expectations for myself.  I am angry that I am
no longer going the direction I thought my life should take.  I am
angry that I cannot play volleyball, racketball, softball, run, swim
and be very active. I am angry that I do not have (in my opinion)
enough energy to keep up with my grandchildren.
However, if I let this anger strike randomly there is no telling how
much damage it will do.  And, if I try to hide this anger it will fester
and rip me apart.  But, if I use the energy of this anger toward
helping myself and others to achieve a cure, make life less
stressful, and generally help others, then it will have been
worthwhile to be angry.
Dennis, I know that I have Parkinson's Disease.  I know that I must
live with it and the limitations it puts on me until the cure is found. I
have accepted that part of it.  However, I will not allow it to rule my
life.  It may dictate some of my physical abilities, but it does not
control my mind, nor direct where my life will take me.  The
intelligence which is "me" is after all in control of my destiny, not
the PD.
I hope that you all will keep the great thoughts coming and
continue to be open about how your feel and what you think of the
anger, depression, denial, bargaining, and acceptance stages we
are all going through over and over again as our physical abilities
slip away.
Thank you all (you too Dennis) for your thoughts and help.

"don't forget how to laugh, and do it often"
http://members.tripod.com/~marling