I will share our experience with cough cyrups.  Murph had a severe cough
last year, and the Dr. prescribed an over the counter syrup, which said
that PD patients should not take it.  I was quite upset, and contacted
his office.  He assured me that there was no problem, and in fact, in
some cases, the meds actually helped PD.  I would encourage you to
contact your Dr. or pharmacist, but I would say that the possible
problems must be minor.

Bev c/g; Murph PWP 56/7