Dear Marling, Dennis, Barbs, et all: I have been wanting to jump into
this conversation for several days now; so here goes another testimony
according to Joan: My brain wholeheartedly agrees with you, Dennis. I
have been very successful in controlling my anger & other unhealthy
emotions, while being able to accept the fact that PD has changed my
life, & aspirations; not ruined but changed. It seems that I do such a
good job of coping & adjusting that when I get frustrated, and the anger
begins to creep in and my heart gets fed up with always having to take
meds & watching rather than doing, and it takes just one more comment
from another mother about how sick of helping out at school or church
they are when I'd gladly trade places with them, then the anger comes
bubbling out along with self-pity and resentment & a host of other
negative emotions & I blow my application for sainthood-again! This has
happened only two or three times but each time, it catches me & my
friends off guard: I rant & rage for a half hour and they listen & learn
and then come the healing tears- from everyone and in a little while the
catharsis is complete & I can get on with the business of acceptance &
dealing! Sometimes, a
"chick" movie helps: "Hope Floats" or "Beaches" -something which
blatantly pushes all the right buttons & helps me just to get rid of
some of the excess emotion that I have to carry around until I have to
set it down-one way or another! The fact that we are able to even have
this forum to set down our thoughts & feelings is a wonderful thing; to
validate those feelings & to once again put our lives in perspective
speaks volumes about the concern & the commitment that we all feel
towards each other-are you with me, Don?-& makes me thankful that we can
have each other. (will somebody say Amen?!)
--
---
Joan Snyder  (47/10/8) <[log in to unmask]>   Peoria,IL