Dear friends,

  As far as I know, I am the only openly gay person  who writes regularly
on the Parkinson's List.  I will tell you that at least 3 more men and 2
women on our List are also gay, but choose not to reveal this for safety
reasons.

  Today I will be revealing myself as openly Parkinsonian to Maine's
large gay, bisexual and lesbian community, as we gather after the brutal
killing of Matthew Shepard, 21, whose smashed body was originally
mistaken for a scarecrow last Wednesday, in Laramie, Wyoming.

 I will wear my new bright yellow T-shirt that says on the back, "Find
the Cure for Parkinson's Disease."  On the front, in red letters in front
of a black hourglass, it says, "Our Time is Running Out."

  The wather is expected to be a deluge of rain, and 55 degrees
Fahrenheit.  I do hope other Parkinson's List members will join in
supporting me in your home communities.

 Ivan Suzman  48 / 12 /  9
Portland, Maine