Good Monday morning everyone,

Ivan, I appreciated very much your thoughts about the tulip and the
hourglass. Perhaps the best position to take is that we need more than one
symbol or marker of Parkinson's. After all, Parkinson's is such an
'individual' condition. It has impact in many different ways on people --
the meds behave individually, and people handle it differently (witness the
recent thread about anger and acceptance).

All of these symbols we use to represent Parkinson's have meaning. I agree
the hourglass is a powerful symbol, especially in the dramatic way that Jim
Cordy used it. It must also look good on your T-shirts.

That being said, the tulip, I believe. is a very good symbol to use because
of it's marketing potential. Just as in the scouting and guiding movement,
we can raise some money by giving value in return. It's not just a hand held
out. And it lasts -- every spring the tulips return. And that has a powerful
message.

And on that score, a thought for Don...I've been wanting to join others in
responding to your 'sorrowful' message. As others have said, hold on and
keep faith and...hope. Think of the tulips pushing through the soil next
spring!

Best top all & TTFN,

Peter

Peter Kidd
Learning Materials Consulting Services
62 Coronation Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3N 2M6 Canada
Tel/FAX: (902) 443-4262 Email: [log in to unmask]