To Dennis and All.   I hate having PD but cannot tell you how much more I
would hate it if my husband had it.  (his mother did and died in 1969).  He is
and has always been the "care giver".  He is the most supportive person I
could want but he would be a terrible victim.   God knows what  he is doing.
I was always the stay at home homemaker - cook, clean, disciplinarian, etc.
My pd started with a very bad fall where I could do none of those things
anymore.  He completely took over and found that cooking was a real love.
(again, a care taker).  He is still the cook and I am so lucky he is such a
good one.

People ask me where do I get my good attitude in being able to accept
parkinson's.  My answer, and the truth, is I never questioned all the
wonderful thing that God gave me.  He gave us the opportunity to work hard and
have a lucrative business, sent MANY people into our lives that we could help
- a racial adopted son that is the light of our life, two birth daughters and
four grandchildren  and the list goes on.  I am so blessed.   When my son gets
discouraged about the problems his race cause him, I tell him when you awake
in the morning - think of all your blessings and make the most of that ONE
day.  He says it works.

I don't want to sound like Pollyanna but I do know it helps to count your
blessings.   I also recognize that some of us have had more blessings than
others.  I    wasn't diagnosed until I was 55 and some of the people on this
list got it so much sooner.  I pray for each one on this list and am as
eagerly looking for the cure as anyone.  God is good and has promised not to
give us more than we can bear.  Sometimes I get discouraged but try to live
each day the best I can and  try to keep looking up.               Lovingly,
helenjc

.