E. W. Richards wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have posted for my father and our family before, and have learned an
> ENORMOUS amount from this group.  I have a question about my father's
> recent condition.
>
> He has recently gotten VERY anxious and depressed - having to get up and
> walk constantly, not being able to lie down or even sit, not being able
> to do ANYTHING without having to get up.  He is afraid, but all the
> fears are vague and have no real foundation.  Can anyone help?  I
> realize it may be the disease itself but it would help to have some
> feedback from folks who have it.
>
> JH for Innsbruck
E.W.:
I suggest you consult your father's neurologist for recommendations.  I
take amitriptyline and alproazolam, generics for Elavil and Xanax, and
have had excellent results.  I take small doses before bed, get a good
night's sleep, and have no residual effects the next day.  I'm 45,
however, so what works for me may not be best for your dad.  Suffice it
to say that there are medications out there that should help your father
without making him feel drugged-out (at least after an initial period of
adjustment).

Good luck.

Keith Chancey 45/13 months
Memphis, TN