Well, I don't have my OWN puppy, but I service copiers, and in one office, the
owner has a cute little poodle that always wants to play.  Her name (the
poodle!) is Apricot.  She always runs over to me and flips on her back so I
can rub her belly.  One day I was so involved with the copier, and I was
covered with black toner, I did not play with her.  She ran into the owners
office and hid behind the desk.  When I was finished I went to find her and
she growled at me!  (The puppy, not the owner!)  The next time I made SURE to
stop working long enough to play with Apricot for a few minutes!  The absolute
best pet, is one that is fed and cared for by someone else, but you get to
play with!  LOL