Linda J Herman quoted:

> The Committee requests that the NIH report to the Appropriations
> Committees within 120 days of enactment of this act on its plan for
> implementation of the recommendations outlined above." (p. 142)

Good net detective work, Linda.  I notice that the NIH amounts in
the "ominous" appropriations bill are those from the Senate version
(S2440) of the original Labor/HHS only bill, which were higher than
in the original House version (HR4274).  Because of this, and because
it is the Senate report (105-300), and not the House report (105-635)
that contains the above excerpt, I am hoping that we will find the
same language somewhere in the omnibus conference report whenever we
can access the final version.  It seems significant that NIH shows
this on their web page, although they have a blank column next to it
for conference report.

Phil