A note like this (see bottom)    received this morning makes  all the work as
a support group leader worth while. It made me cry for about 15 minutes not
for me but for all who struggle with this disease. This note has rejunaveted
my spirt to make a contribution thru the Alliance Group at the meeting next
week. My PD is advancing and it has become a challenge to continue to travel
and apply time and energy to projects other than our support group. I am not
on the list as much as in the past but I still read all the posts. I am
currently working on the following projects:  see note
below

1. Lead the Syracuse support group
2. Building a data base of support groups  in United states. Currently have
1625 listed groups and I am checking for duplicates and to up date
information. This can be a tremondous asset to our community.
3. Working with The Alliance Group to formulate goals for our energies. We may
be presenting some ideas to the Parkinson community after our meeting in Miami
on 10/29 & 30/ .
4. Organizing the first Parkinson Symposium in Syracuse for next spring. In
fact I am meeting at a potential site to inspect the location to be sure it
can accomodate physically challenged individuals.
5. If only my foot would stop shaking ...am I over or under medicated? Going
to gamble on under and take 1/2 sinamet.
6. Since so many people responded to my tune inquiry how about this challenge:

CAN the group list 20 songs with the word moon in the title:
1. When the moon comes over the mountain  Kate Smith
2. You fill in:
Dale:

You may not remember me, but early this year I attended one of your sessions
in Manlius.  Afterwards we spoke and you helped me get my father in to see Dr.
Perez towards the end of May.

Dr. Perez evaluated Dad and immediately took him off a medicine that had been
prescribed by his Internist for emotional volatility (Hadol).

Since this time my father has been on a constant road of improvement in both
his attitude and physical condition.  He still doesn't exercise, but at least
now he could, if motivated.

The improvement is beyond anything we hoped for...Dad is funny, reasonably
active, and has recovered a significant amount of his cognitive ability.  He's
my Dad again.  Still 73 and somewhat disabled, but my Dad.

I wanted you to know that you were the catalyst to a tremendous turn around in
my father's life, and all of my family's also.

My sincerest thanks for both caring and helping when you could.

May God bless you always.

Jim Cappon