Friends-- on the C-SPAN "Washington Journal" this morning there was a guest
from the staff of the appropriations committee, so I sent the following
e-mail, and it was actually used:

To: [log in to unmask]
Members of the large community of Americans with Parkinson's disease wonder
how the budget bill ,which includes an increase in NIH funding, will affect
them.  We worked for more than 2 years to pass the Udall bill for Parkinson
research and education, and it finally was approved as part of  the
Labor-HHS bill.  We understand that the NIH is resisting Congresdsional
pressure to "earmark" the $100,000,000. which was approved for  the Udall
bill for that use-- can your guest tell us whether the money will be there
for us, now that research is so promising for a possible cure or better
treatment for this progressive, incapacitating neurological disease?

His reply was the usual "party line" about  NIH receiving a large increase,
but it's not being wise for Congress to tell the scientists how the money
should be spent.  Ho hum.............well, I tried.........