Wendy wrote:

>I've had the idea recently, with all of the talk about trying to get
some

>YOPDers and other PWP types on to a tv show, to draw more attention to
our

>plight.  Well, I'm gonna try contacting some English professors,
publishers,

>and anyone else along those lines, who might be ab7le to help us find

>source/resource for potentially putting together and publishing a book
of

>poetry which includes examples from any PWPers who would like to

>participate.

snipped

>I know that some individuals on this list, have on their own,
previously had

>some of their work published, so if you guys that have had have any

>suggestions on where to begtin, those would also be appreciated.

snipped

***********

Hi Wendy-- this would be a good idea, but I must caution you that
publishing poetry is a really TOUGH nut to crack--even people who are
"professional and published" poets have trouble getting things
accepted, and a whole book??? Well, the best source of help might be
one of the PD organizations--NPF in the past published "Parkinsonnets"
a collection written by our own listmember

Beverly Steward,  and might be a possibility.

I, like Dennis, have written poems about PD, but from the CGs
perspective. I'd be glad to any or all of have them used (the
"Caregiver's Litany" was published in Kathrynne Holden's nutrition
book, both the full edition and NPF's abbreviated one. ) Here are 3
others of mine:

For today, it is so easy to be thankful...

for that "everything's going my way"  feeling...

the sun, sky, breeze all at their best, as if in celebration.

For my love, too, at his best,

warm, generous, unworried,

pain and shadows put aside, walking hand in hand

in sunlight.

I am enveloped in the day,

and in his loving care.

How easy to forget the shadows,

seduced into denial.

But, knowing it will end,

we still celebrate today,

and each other...

so be it.

Thank you.

                Camilla Hewson Flintermann

LIFE ON THE EDGE

With eyes closed,

        I see us------

standing on cliff-edge,

        clinging together.

(Not yet in free-fall,  but so close at times

        I almost sense the terror that would bring----

         earth giving way beneath us,

         rush of air,

         impact of loss----)

Today, we step back

        and are saved.

Tomorrow ?

                Camilla Hewson Flintermann

        HAVING PARKINSON'S

You say:

"Like Chinese water torture,

I'm worn away...

each  day,

each hour, the symptoms grow---

I'm worn away."

I say:

"I'm losing you by inches---

(can't you stay?)---

each day

I'll cherish you, although

you're worn away."

                Camilla Hewson Flintermann

</fontfamily>

        Camilla Hewson Flintermann              <<[log in to unmask]>

                        #  "...everywhere I go,         #

                        #      I find that a poet                       #

                        #      has been there                   #

                        #      before me..."                    #

                        #         ...Sigmund Freud              #