Camilla and list family:
burn when staff or appropriations committee or any official government
staff person says like the fellow on C-SPAN you mention below that  NIH
doesn't think the congress should earmark funds for any specific disease.

 Why can't our elected officials speak on our behalf, pass laws
specifically earmarking funds for pd research?  We elect rep/sen to speak
in our behalf to spend the tax dollars we all contribute.  Certainly $40
annually per pd diagnosed person in the USA/Canada that has previously been
spent can be raised as per Udall bill lang.  What are lobbies for if not to
insure that tax dollars are spent the way taxpayers want?  Most of the
supporting sen/rep of Udall bill are more informed about
costs/problems/devistation of pd than the fellow on C-SPAN probably ever
might be and can speak for the pd community when they say "Keep the $$$ in
Udall bill committed to pd research."

Keep trying Camilla and the rest of you.  We are being heard and we must
not be quiet.  Only by keeping tabs on the government funding and/or
privately donated $$ for research will progress be made in finding a
cure/cause for pd.  In our case, Silence is certainly NOT Golden!!!

Jeanette Fuhr 48/11mos.