In a message dated 10/19/98 1:41:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< If you feel living with PD is tough, remember there are other
neurodegenerative diseases that are infinitely worse...

 Kuru, Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease,
 Scrapie, and Bovine Spongiform Encephalitis (mad cow disease).
 All of these cause the brain to be riddled with holes, and lead
 to quick death.  >>

I feel the need to comment here based on the difficulty we had getting the Mo
funded.
(You have given me the opportunity to climb aboard my soap box. -- don't take
this personally.)

A philosophy on comparing diseases:

While I don't want to swap diseases with someone who has Creutzfeldt-Jakob, I
feel; it is a non-sequitor that someone else has a higher misery index..

I  also do not want to argue about the notion that a lingering disability can
be worse than a quick death.  I do not feel required to feel or do worse than
another sufferer does to deserve relief.

It is enough that there is discomfort, disability, and embarrassment one has
to tolerate with PD.  Add to that an extreme amount of cost effectiveness and
a budget surplus and the case becomes overwhelming.

I do not feel the need to apologize for not having a worse disease.  I want a
cure for my disease.

Regards,
WHH 55/19